Input: blue crank
Output: green disk rotating with dwells.
Input and output are coaxial.
In one revolution of the blue crank the green disk rotates ¼ rev.
Red curve is locus of the red roller center.
Orange slider kept the green disk immobile during its dwell.
Main dimensions of the mechanism are:
- crank radius of the blue crank
- side length of the green square disk
- length of the pink conrod.
They are determined based on a sketch (not shown) where:
- Angle of crank and horizontal line is 60 deg.
- Angle of square side of the green disk and horizontal line is 45 deg.
- Square side (contains roller center), crank radius line and the line that is drawn from the slider center and perpendicular to the sliding direction of the runway, are concurrent.